Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bando2000

Can somebody explain this or give me so help!!

I installed SP1 from windows update. After the install it boots up to a blue screen and tell me there was an error on my harddrive and to reboot. Will I rebooted and rebooted and rebooted same and still the same thing. I then reinstall win2000. And all my apps are there working fine except No internet connection. I am on a cable modem. So I uninstall the SP1, which should of been called SB1. And reboot and everything is fine. I tried it three times with the SP1 and all three times the same thing. Is there an easier way or do I really need this. REPLY BY ANYONE WOULD BE NICE!!!!

Thanks

Quote:

REPLY BY ANYONE WOULD BE NICE!!!!

Will this do? smile

Seriously though if you want help, you could at least post the specs of your machine....

--
Xiven

KT133, 1000 Thunderbird

256 PC133 RAM

SoundBlaster Live Gamer

Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Netgear ethernet card 10/100

Two 20 gig hard drives

32X cd-rom

Cd-right

Intel USB 2.0 CAM

Helio PDA

Surround Sound Speakers

Scanner

Printer

Lyra MP3 player hers

RIO MP3 player his

Digital camera

WinTV video card(watch tv on pc or what ever vcr, dvd, you name it)

Mic

to be honest I really have no idea. Several others have had problems with SP-1 though. It's probably not liking some of your hardware or software, but that's about as much as I can say frown Was your win2k a fresh install or an upgrade? If an upgrade I would always recommend doing a fresh install, then install SP-1, install drivers. Lastly install your apps. It's a pain to reinstall everything if you don't do it very often, but it is worth it.

--

Xiven

bando2000 did you download the sp1network.exe and run it or updated directly from the M$ site?

You should try to download it and update bu running it if you haven't done so!The reason I say this is because I had problems the first time I installed sp1 through their site,so I downloaded the sp1network.exe(it took like forever on my 56k)did a clean install,updated to sp1 and everything was fine!

Just like to say thanks to, Xiven, and bottleneck for your advise. I will give both a try and post my results so others can get SP1 to work as will.

Yeah, could be what bottleneck said. I've never actually tried installing sp-1 the other way (always used sp1network.exe)....

--

Xiven

I have gone threw all the suggestions, but still cann't get SP1 to take after reboot. I am Dual booting with win98SE and am using a FAT32. Could that be the problem. The Dual booting or that my drives are a FAT32. Win98SE is on one drive, while Win2K is on the other.

Any more suggestions would be nice.

I formated both drives to NTFS. Then did a clean install with the Win2K. Then I installed the SP1 and everything worked just fine.

I did it before I installed any drivers. My main problem was that win2K was on the second hard drive and win98SE was on the first hard drive. Once I switched them around It worked just fine. For some reason the SP1 wants Win2K to be on the first hard drive. That is were it looks first. Now I have to Install Linux on the 2nd drive.

I just wish Linux supported more games, printers, scanners and pocket pc's. But I still like both.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah the SP will look on controller 0 device 0 1st then others, that is kinda screwy though that it wouldnt update fine the other way.