Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CM

Anyone here use Linux as 2nd OS?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Quote:

Now you know what I find funny about this statement, is that in many states I have lived in the Apple systems have been incredibly dominant in the school systems.

Not in Australia it isnt. Here, Micro$oft has made a deal with the Australian government to allow them to supply all schools with Micro$oft applications (including Windows). this forces children and teenagers to be ONLY exposed to Windows and Micor$oft programs throughout their time at school.

Boy, that would be fairly awkward for the Aussie government if they were ever involved in some MS anti-trust action eh?

Well i have never really ran linux just took a look at the boot screen i forget which one but all i have to say is yo get what you pay for.i might run linux as a second os but they need to make it a little more user friendly. yeah it has it's good and bad points but so does windows but i will choose M$ over linux anyday, i dunno bout the the mac os x maybe when i get ahold of it i will have some fun but i am gonna drop windows when they start doin the .net services.

lke how they are doin the new cs sorta i can't deal with that i like my privacy, i don't want half my os on a server somewhere. bah thats when i got to mac

Quote:

I wish Mandrake 8.2 would come out.

Me wants me wants.

Well... it's out

I tried RedHat a couple times... but got too frustrated when I couldn't figure out how to do the simplest things and could find no documentation anywhere that pertained to my situation. One of my major question about Linux is... what is the equivalent of a .exe file? It took me hours to figure out how to install Star Office and even now I don't remember how I did it. Anybody here know of a forum or a place to go where the focus is basically "Linux for Newbies"?

Linux newbie.org used to be good but has gone downhill since the original moderator (Sensei) left about a year ago - as an example, the latest news item dates back to January, the oldest is from July 2001... Having said that though, there is an active message board with some helpful souls on it.

The only other thing I could suggest is that you do a search on Google for Linux Newbie.

Rgds

AndyF