Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

XP and Highpoint 366?

I have an abit be6 mb, which has highpoint 66 on the board. Trying to install xp beta 2, and i get blue screens pointing toward hpt366.

Is there an incompatibility here? What do I need to do to get this fixed?

I got the newest win2k drivers on floppy for the installation.

I have a BE6-II and version 1.23 worked as did the 1.26 hpt366 drivers. Have fun.

------------------

Shrink

-------------------------------------------

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward."

PIII 650@850; BE6-II Mobo with 384 mb PC133 ram; 40GB WD Caviar, 20 gig Quantum KX, 8 gig Quantum CR; Ricoh 7060a burner; Aopen 52X CDRom; ATAPI Zip 100; SBlive Value; Realtech NIC; All In Wonder Radeon AGP; a bunch of USB Stuff (keyboard, mouse, scanner, hubs, blah blah); Windows 2000 Pro SP1; and a partridge in a pear tree.

Shrink: Are you talking about the ATA66 controller? If so... Did you have to install the drivers before connecting the HD to the Future ATA connector?

Yep - the drivers need to be installed first (if you are saying that you installed XP using the regular Intel controller and want to switch it over to the ATA66 controller). Otherwise, you need a disk containing the hpt drivers and run a repair install after moving the hard drive to the ata66 controller.

In my case, I installed XP clean and, like in Win2k, had the driver disk and pressed F6 after the first reboot so that I could choose to install the hpt drivers.

------------------

Shrink

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward."

PIII 650@850; BE6-II Mobo with 384 mb PC133 ram; 40GB WD Caviar, 20 gig Quantum KX, 8 gig Quantum CR; Ricoh 7060a burner; Aopen 52X CDRom; ATAPI Zip 100; SBlive Value; Realtech NIC; All In Wonder Radeon AGP; a bunch of USB Stuff (keyboard, mouse, scanner, hubs, blah blah); Windows 2000 Pro SP1; and a partridge in a pear tree.

Does installing winxp on my E partition affect this hpt366 process/error? Right now, I put the winxp cd in while in winme, click new install, then i reboot, hit f6, have the newest highpoint drivers on floppy, and go through the install. When I see the logo screen for the first time, it eventually goes away and i get the hpt366 error. I am wondering if my WINME installation on my C:\ may be doing this? When it asks for a directory (while running setup in winme) to copy files to, it is defaulted to //windows .

Any ideas?

If you are installing to a separate drive (making sure that when you start the setup.exe from WinME that you select New Installation and under Advanced choose that you want to choose the drive or partition onto which you will install XP) then there shouldn't be a problem. The newest hpt drivers, from my experience, just caused crashes. The ones that didn't were the 1.23 and 1.26 drivers. The 1.28 drivers crashed during setup. I would use the 1.23 drivers. Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 04 April 2001).]

I dont see 1.26

I have 1.25 win2k drivers on now. I see a 1.28b (beta) and a 1.23 , 1.25 for the win2k highpoint.