Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qwerty01

Will XP replace 2000?

And all this time I thought a forum was a place where you can discuss your opinion, give out ideas, seek help,and give help when needed. Silly me frown As for "do you think we really care...." I dont really think you are speaking for the board as a whole. DO you?

[This message has been edited by RattDawg (edited 04 March 2001).]

here is the first example of an idiot that can't shut up already, one of the ones that is putting this forum's status down badly

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 04 March 2001).]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jdulmage:
here is the first example of an idiot that can't shut up already, one of the ones that is putting this forum's status down badly

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 04 March 2001).]
</font>

;( :Plaugh

Sorry jdulmage but i have been reading your posts for a while now and i have noticed that most threads seem to go downhill and turn into flames when YOU start it all. It seems fine until your post. Take some healthy criticism and maybe tone down your attitude. Your not really all that and not that special, i am not saying i am, so dont go off on one.

Take care

Tom

The whole point of a forum is to post your opinion. If I can't speak my opinion then I lose my ability to innovate smile

Humm, seems the whole thread has turned into a 'Who is stealing their next copy of Windows and who isn't'

Funny thing is, I really can't remember this thread starting on that subject.

Now, hands up, who was it who went on about XP upgrades from Win2k in the corporate world?

Now, not sure where you work, I'm going to assume that they have more or less infinite resources.

However most companies are not going to be upgrading from Win2k - WinXP.

It's not just a matter of purchasing the CD's or one CD and the licenses.

Most companies, well all the ones I've worked for anyway, tend to go through some major testing before rolling out new systems.

Before my Win2k network went live it was running in parallel to our NT4 one for about 2 months.

Every possible option, piece of software & hardware we own was tested.

As if the average corporate company can afford that amount of time and the money involved in upgrading not only the OS but the CAL's as well every 6-8 months.

In Win2k is already on the corporate network then the next upgrade these companies will do will be in a couple of years time.

jdulmage: I have been with this board for quite a while and while I don't post much unless I think I can help someone, it seems like most of your posts are nothing but Whistler rantings. You need to take a look ar yourself instead of jumping on people when they ask questions.

Quote from jdulmage when someone posted about being NT certified: "hah, if you like, run a server or something, most won't move to it (nice life)" Yes very helpful...jdulmage you twit...the man just passed a tough cert and you are just ranting your usual whistler banter...what certs do you have...hmmmmm?

Quote from jdulmage about upgrading to whistler: "yeah, you realize that the explorer shell is NT 6.0 in Windows XP now eh? so it's no longer this minor upgrade. If you actually ran XP 2419 Advanced Server (impossible to find, but it's out there). You'll see that it blows away 2000 Advanced Server, with it's new server features, etc.

Minor upgrade my *** . It's the OS that it should have been and the OS that i've always wanted, win2k just didn't cut it" More from someone who obviously doesn't know how a business works.

More rantings from Jdulmage about software prices: "wow? so you've seen the prices of XP eh? wow, I didn't know you knew how to travel into the future.

How do you know that it's not going to be like $59 upgrade, $109 full or some crap like that? You don't, so shut up already".

Actually JDulmage its fairly easy to predict what the price of XP will be based on microsoft's past upgrade models have been. You do know that thats how most of the economy works..ie like wall street..based on statistical models from past prices and performance.

Jdulmage I understand that you love XP, thats great but its not the end all be all nirvana of OS's, windows 2000 works just fine for most people...if you like xp great use it and be quiet about it, stop pimping yourself as some microsoft OS evangelist who thinks everyone will go to hell if they don't use the product that you like....!!!

Enough Already...............

BTW...nice job qwerty01 on passing your NT cert.......

Nicely said Widow. I installed XP the other day to see what it is like but overall. So far I like my Win2k better than XP. There are a lot of features that XP have that I like but for now I am sticking with Win2k.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Four and Twenty:
looks like jd has nothing to say</font>

Damn its a sad day ;(

Many of you have XP, which version do you have? Pro or Personal? Or is it just a general OS beta?

All versions that Ive had have been Pro. Has anyone run the peronal? Im a little courious. On what the differences are.

i ran personal 2256 a long time ago there wasnt a difference between the builds at the time minus SMP support.

that is the most ****ing bullshit thing

arg why the **** do they have to do that?

but then againg those who are gonna run smp might as well run pro

Average home user who would have bought WinME 6 months ago and Win98 a year ago are not going to have dual CPU's in their system.

Personal edition of WinXP is exactly what they need.

Cheapest version, made nice and simple and no support for a 2nd CPU.

If your using two CPU's on your system then you will be using Professional, so OK you have to, but even if Personal did support 2 CPU's you wouldn't be able to cope with the 'dumbed down' version of this OS.

Damn the personal is stripped down with no Blow up the computer options huh? Damn I guess Ill have to stick with the Pro version that would ruin my monthly Friday format fun. laugh