Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Figured I would do the honors....

You go!!!!

Now all I need is Gates' permission to download it hehehehehe

maybe my ICQ will light up tomorrow with all the good info I need smile

seriously, I am looking forward to a killer OS....beta 1 rocked...hope next *availible* build does too!

------------------

Celeron 566@850 1.85 volts

Voodoo 4500 AGP

10, 17 and 40 gig WD Hard Drives

Abit BM6 MB

2 nic's

soundblaster platinum

WinTv Tv card

requires CD key though, MS just pulled it down because they didn't have the right CD key. It'll be back up late tonight or early tomorrow.

I'll look into the cd key thing... I am getting it now/tomorrow it will be done.

hopefully it'll work on my VP6 smile

------------------

Moo

In case of an emergency, break gl***, scream, bleed to death.

VP6-2x700ecc0@1008-256mbpc150kingmax-wd20ata66&IBM45ata100-10x4x32sony-8xcldvd-clap2gts64mb-supadisk-sblive!

thanks for the info!!!

btw icq# is:40107000

------------------

Celeron 566@850 1.85 volts

Voodoo 4500 AGP

10, 17 and 40 gig WD Hard Drives

Abit BM6 MB

2 nic's

soundblaster platinum

WinTv Tv card

thats cool, not really interested in getting 2410, but i wouldn't mind having a few system files from it so i can extract icons and bitmaps, if anyone get 2410, send me "ntoskrnl.exe" and "shell32.dll" to

eddie@intrepid.net

make sure you ZIP or RAR them

I doubt that, too many privacy issues.. but you never know i guess.. i'll call it unlikely.

ummmm..possible my mistake here, but maybe the admins should erase this post and pretend it never happened. I realize that MS watches over this place a little bit and to see someone say

"There are already cracks out for that so i'm not gonna sweat it that much".

I mean, that doesn't sit well.

Honestly, I don't see how they can enforce such a concept. If I buy their software (and when Whistler is finished I plan on buying it) then I should, by right be able to put it on as many computers in my home as I wish. I paid for it, didn't I?

Besides, does this mean if you upgrade to a new Hard drive you are gonna have to go out and buy a new copy of Whistler??? If they are dumb and arrogant enough to do something like that for home users, I hope that whole deal is cracked into dust!

Hey M$, read this and realize, you are NOT gonna tell us what we can and can't do with our puters once we give you our $$$$ for your product.

Okay, my rant is ended hehehehe

Yes, the new Safedisc 2 which according to the author of CloneCD can NOT be cracked unless MABYE a firmware for the CDR is released and/or you buy a Phillips CDR. Check out www.cdrinfo.com fo the 'fo.

The new HD cpy protection stuff (which I HIGHLY doubt will ever come to p***).

Stagnation of information is not good. That's what the internet is all about.

I think it's pretty sad that I have 100+ games that I have personally bought with my hard earned money. All of them are backed up with cracks on the CD. Why? Because when I install the game FULLY I don't wanna have to insert the POS CD back in the drive and risk damaging it and also I get really REALLY annoyed shuffling 50,000,000 CD'S a day. Grrrrrrr. mad

This crap is making me mad

So mad I'm thinking about starting a petition......

lol..

you guys are really making me laugh, they are not going to be doing it, so quit getting so worked up about it. It's one of those dumb "scare" schemes that they do. They said this about the last whistler build that it was to be "online installation only" which stops piracy. They have been saying this for about a year now and haven't put it into effort so I doubt they are going it.

Yup, giving away free copies of Windows. Free advertising. smile Also helps against the Linux invasion. laugh

Yes know within a week time some hacker will fig it out don't there alway's.

Yes I agree with you DosFreak I have few 100 games and dosen't count the **** load apps "old&new" my self.

You all are miss the point 1 copy pre system, I think this suck why will I have 3 system at home and I for will not buy 3 CD no if or but about it.

Yes DosFreak that new Safedisc 2 is hard cookie to crack hehe.

Linux invasion haha please don't make me laugth to hard, but then agine you never know hehe.

ok, let me ask you this then..

You install Whistler to one machine.

You goto another one and install it. Whistler isn't going to know that you have already installed it, because it's not like you can put something on the CD, they are not capable of allowing changes on a CD.

So how is it going to know?

If I'am rigth the frist time you log on to Internet or Network.

<rant>

i do the same thing, like DosFreak said, he makes backups of his games with the cracks burnt on the cd's, i hate having to go find a disc when it asks for it, I personally own an actual copy of Win2k, i paid $290 for it and If i want to put it on 50 f*ckin' workstations that I also legally own, that my own business. Safedisc2? yea, it'll be cracked, that goes for Safedisc3, 4, and 5, and any other gay CD copy protection. Didn't they say that DVD's were hard to crack when they first came out, wasn't the MPAA proud of the encryption technology....oh thats right, a 14 yr old boy cracked it. Give it your best shot M$, your money making schemes will fall upon deaf ears when a 9yr old mute girl cracks your sh1t.

</rant>

so is someone gonna send me ntoskrnl.exe and shell32.dll so i can extract the cool .ico files?

how about, enough ***** on this forum, your lucky the admins aren't doing anything...

when you ask for files from a beta, it's still considered *****

the magic word starts with a "w"..

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 07 January 2001).]