Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzman

New Version of Whistler?

Has anyone seen a newer version of Whistler? 2296 came out almost 2 months ago, and I haven't heard anything about revised internal builds or upcoming Betas. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

I wish it came out this month, my VP6 is rearin to go frown

------------------

Moo

In case of an emergency, break glass, scream, bleed to death.

CUSL2-650e@905-256pc150cas2-wd20&13gbata66-10x4x32sony-8xcldvd-clap2gts64mb-supadisk-sblive!

damn my sig is old laugh

------------------

Moo

In case of an emergency, break glass, scream, bleed to death.

CUSL2-650e@905-256pc150cas2-wd20&13gbata66-10x4x32sony-8xcldvd-clap2gts64mb-supadisk-sblive!

Hey, I also whish for a new build of whistler, a one that dont have the mouse jerkiness. Playing games like quake 3 is impossible, it skips so much when looking around.

Also a Logitech Mouseware version would be great, so I can have mouse accelleration in games (especially quake 3).

If this was to happen, whistler would become my main OS again.

there is not a new beta every week, that was only with Windows Millennium, because I used to get a new build weekly or bi-weekly, but they do not do that with Whistler. It goes Beta 1, Beta 2, etc... until RC1, RC2...RTM. There are no other builds in between, they are all internal MS tests. No beta testers get them.

[ December 30, 2000: Message edited by: jdulmage ]

so the build i have just got is the same as the one available in november?

the build i have now (i got it on dec 20th)or there about is 2296\1

and the one b4 was 2296!

it just dont figure

does anyone have any idea how far away the release date is because from whta ive used of it it rocks

muwhahahaha even tiger woods 2k1 works with it

Look, Beta 1 is the newest, it's been out since October 31, i've had it since November 2. Beta 2 will come out in January, therefore, I would just ***ume that RTM will not be April of 2001. It'll probably be pushed back at least 3 months from that date. What are you talking about with this 2296/1, I ***ume he means 2296.1, but there is no such build. If you goto the System Properities, it should say 5.1.2296 or something like that, if it says 5.1.2296.1, then congrats to you, because you'll be the only one that I know of that has a newer build.

I was told that if your on there Beta team that you get a new build every week.

nope, my friend is on the team, he only gets Beta 1, Beta 2, etc.

and only internal testers (MS employees) get the other ones.

OK i'm not a beta tester or anything, but i remember when Win 95 was on the verge of popping in to the stores and I had tested the final beta or what ever it was that i got hold of and I had so many probbs, i cant even begin to think how stupid i was back then, to try out a beta.

So now im quite reserved to betas. Maby tech. has come a long way, but i dunno, ill better stay away.

Has everything been OK so far with whistler?

-Manos66

You have to realize though, Windows95 was new technology, it was nothing like any other operating system. Now Windows95 has been though alot of changes. win98, winME. Microsoft basically has that kernel down and the NT kernel, So when they release a new NT kernel i'm not to afraid because they basically use there own code over again but add new features. So for Whistler it's basically win2k with new features, I found win2k running great, and also i found Whistler running great with some minor bugs that should be expected in a beta. Like features that don't work and stuff. Now if microsoft releases a new Kernel and starts a beta program on it i would be reluctant to try it, since it's new.

Understand my thoery?

Manos66, you were stupid to try out a beta? and yet your stupid enough to post what you did in the Others section of this forum eh?

Sheesh jdulmage, his other question is totally unrelated to this one and i don't understand how you can even relate the two. ]

I've been readin the posts in these forums the last couple o days, and most of you seem to have a copy of the whistler beta, I have tried many routes but to no avail, could someone please give me some hints as to were I could download it.

It would be much appreciated, also I could contribute a lot more if I had it.

Cheers.

kamikandi, be aware that the moderators don't tolerate anything to do with ***** on this board, so we can't tell you where to get a copy.... look around, though, and I'm sure you'll find it...

edit: that censored word is the evil "w" word 8)

[This message has been edited by CUViper (edited 07 January 2001).]

I got mine though my msdn account. www.nonags.com has it but you have to pay for there plus program to get it which is $30 but you get a lifetime membership, they have some kind of agreement with microsoft to distribute it, they had the whole ME beta series on there and they usually get it when all the beta testers do. Besides that i'm not sure where to go. There's a faq on this site that tells you another place also.

Perhaps you could email me a good ftp site or url cos av searched for ages, obviously not the right places though!

PS. Cheers for the advice on ***** you know

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryanrk:
www.nonags.com has it but you have to pay for there plus program to get it which is but you get a lifetime membership, they have some kind of agreement with microsoft to distribute it, they had the whole ME beta series on there and they usually get it when all the beta testers do</font>

Really? Even the latest build?