Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
giskard

Winmill DUN issues

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to completely remove the DialUp Networking components in Winmill and do a fresh install?

This sounds like it should be simple, but it isn't. I work in tech support for a small regional ISP and i found that when people upgrade from win98, their DUN breaks. Removing the components in control panel and reinstalling does nothing. It just seems to re-enable the broken DUN components.

Any ideas or tips will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Giskard

The best "tech answer" for that problem is to have 'em format and do a clean install of Win2K...MUAHAHAHAHA! laugh

(P.S. I'm really not joking.)

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

Thanks DC. Most of the jokers that have this problem think they're running Win2k already. "Winmill, Win2k. Same thing isn't it?"

I was hoping for a slightly less painful alternative.

Cheers,

Giskard

ME seems to have some issues with networking in general. I dont know what it is, but I'd say if you really didnt need ME in the first place, go back to 98, or better yet, go to Win2k.

To do a fresh install: back up everyting you need first-except game saves,I havent been able to restore the game saves ever-; then reformat your harddrive; load ME. If you just bought the upgrade, you need to have a FULL version of 98/95. If you bought the promo upgrade you can only use it to upgrade from 98.