Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seibertron

problem with accessing certain sectors of my hard drive

my computer locked up on Thursday night while I was doing the upload to my web site. I turned off my computer. When I rebooted my computer on Friday night, all of my personal folders from the desktop which contained my images (all 12,000 images) and other various personal folders are gone - yet my hard drive is still registering the memory is still being used. All of my programs are running just fine and any text or graphic files that I had placed in "My Briefcase" or "My Documents" are still there. Any advice or suggestions people? I need to fix this problem or I will be all done with this site for quite some time.

Unfortunately, *.jpg or *.gif doesn't find anything. I tried finding files last modified in the past week, but that didn't turn up any rocks either. I've been told by my new boss that a sector of my hard drive is inaccessible - whether it's corrupted or virus related, I don't know. I'm tempted to just reformat my entire hard drive and start from square one making images. Ugh. I'd rather not do that since I have over 12,000 sitting somewhere in my computer in hiding. Any other suggestions ppl? Thank you in advance!!!

------------------

Sincerely,

Ryan

trans-forum@juno.com

Hi, maybe a stupid question but have you checked the drive with scandisk ?