Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tristan777

problem w/ win98 and Kt133

i got a T-bird 800 and a Asus A7V(KT133) a couple of weeks ago. it runs fine in Win2k(except for AGP4x.) but in 98 it says that i have errors on all my PCI cards.(sound, Modem, and NIC) it says that i "need to enable the IRQ in the bios" i'm not sure what it means, but my friend has the same problem on his system. ours are almost identical except for the NIC and the Video card. so is there a solution to this other than reformating that partition? i'll be getting a CD-RW pretty soon so i can reformat once i am able to back up all my stuff, but it's a real pain.

My Specs:

T-bird 800 on Asus A7V

128 megs pc-100 RAM

SB Live! value

cheap Lucent 56k modem

Netgear 10/100 NIC

Viper V770 Ultra(TNT2U) (OC'ed to 170/205 in win2k) w/Detonator 6.34

13 gig WD HDD(7.2 gigs Win2k, the rest 98)

Friend's specs:

T-bird 800 on Asus A7V

128 megs pc-100 RAM

SB Live! value

cheap Lucent 56k modem

LinkSys 10/100 NIC

GeForce2 MX(not sure driver version. 6.31 or 5.32 i think)

6 gig HDD, 17 gig WD HDD

i dont know the brand of the smaller drive.

any ideas? thanks...

Trist try installing the Via 4 in 1 pack seprately starting with the INF then the IDE then the IRQ routing then the AGP miniport respectively. I believe thats a problem that teh IRQ patch will solve tho.. GIve it a shot

ok. i'll try doing it all seperately.

my friend got his modem working somehow but the other cards still dont work, and none of mine work.

ok i uninstalled them and reinstalled it all 1 by 1 and it still is tellin me that i need to enable it in the bios. frown any ideas?

[This message has been edited by tristan777 (edited 30 October 2000).]

man your not a computer pro unless you can format and get your system back up in less than 2 hours (sorry i have a slow HD). I can backup, format partition and install an OS and get most of my major programs on in 2 hours.

errrr.... i can reformat a computer in a lot less than 2 hours, thank you very much. smile

read the post. i asked if there was a way to fix my problem without reformatting. not "how do i reformat?" you see, i have about a gig or 2 of stuff that i have downloaded since i last reformatted (i have dial-up btw), and i don't currently have a way to back it up. well that's alot of hours of downloading.

so, any ideas?

TRy getting your computer up and running again after a format in 30 mins smile

I made an imageof my HDD with Norton Ghost and put it onto CD, so instead of waiting agaes for my 18 gig hdd to format I just get a boot floppy going, load up Norton Ghost and put the imaghe of my system on from when it was working!

But yeah if I did it normally I can be up and running in 1hr and 40 mins.

------------------

------

My Computer

Pentium II 350

Gigabyte 6BXC M/B

16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

128 Meg of RAM

18 gig Western Digital Expert HDD UDMA 66

Sound Blaster Live ! 256

56k Modula Tech V90 USB modem

4 x SCSI writer

Advansys Host SCSI controller