Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

Why?

All this crap almost makes me yearn for the good old DOS days, when a HARDCORE gamer was known by how much of the 640K he could s-q-u-e-e-z-e out of his config.sys and autoexec.bat, rather than having to resort to a boot disk to play games. laugh

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

*sigh*

Well, i tried to give you a good reason Ronin and all i am getting is "flames" from other "so-called Know-it-alls" that think they are god's gift to computers. Dos and Eddie can go ahead and fiddle around with win2k and all their patches and service packs, and i will buy a game, install it, and play until i am sick of it with no problems. I guess its your choice. If pretending that you are an NT Guru makes you feel smarter, than go ahead. I will continue to run my 100+ computer network at work running Win2k pro, server, and advance server, but until the games that i buy says it supports Win2000, i will continue to use Win98/ME for games. If you guys feel like trying to challenge me on NT questions (because, according to eddie, i don't know what im talking about) then by all means, go for it. And, if you have a fast connection and feel like challenging my "hardcoreness" *cough* eddie and dos, then maybe we can spar for fun. I was just trying to give Ronin a good reason for using ME.

-peace-

-HarU

well, at least i have the pleasure of using the NT kernel (No Fatal Exceptions for me). I could care less if some apps don't run. Patches? I don't even use the 02.17.00 hotfixes or SP1!!! I could care less. You won't see a patch or SP for win9x because they come out with a new damned version every year, there's no use for a SP, you know why win9x is unreliable???? LEGACY. thats why, its time to move on....its time to jump on the train of progress or you'll get left behind...its time for a new age in greatness......Vote for EddiE314 for Moderator in 2000....haha

[This message has been edited by EddiE314 (edited 03 October 2000).]

I totally agree with you on this eddie, even though you insulted me before. You are right about the advancing technology, but unfortunately, the need to advance technology has struck only users such as us. It has not influenced game manufacturers *yet*. But, i know it will soon. Most likely very soon. As soon as they see the speed and management of the NT kernal, they will advance; I know some have already started. But, as long as games are being more compatible on Win9x, i will encourage people to use it for games, and nothing else. I guess that is just the impatience that i have so much of. If im not satisfied right at the moment, i look elsewhere. When win2k first came out, i used it for games, because i had a dual celeron system. It worked pretty well, the games and apps were faster, the driver databases and hardware management was awesome, but the first instance of a game not working urked me. Then more and more incompatibilities came, and that just kinda ruined my original experience with win2k gaming. It's probably improved since the last time i used it for gaming, and i am sure i will try it again in the near future. I just know that at the moment i am willing to sacrifice speed for compatibility, but i guess on this board, i am alone on that issue.

-peace-

-HarU