Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spazzwig

FS/T: hot swap hard drive carriers (kingston dataexpress 100

These are very rugged and high quality caddy's, and are very useful for RAID, server, benchmark or testing, backup, etc. Basically any situation where hard drives, multiple OS's or configurations, or data needs to be shuffled around easily.

I played with one of these, it's very cool and I think very useful for someone with the right setup. I have little need as I just run one machine. Other than the one I tested out, they are new/never used. You can find out more info on them from Kingston/Storcase

Kingston Data Express model DE100i-sw (16bit(68pin) wide scsi) frames and carriers:

2 receiving frames (one new/never used, one mint/barely used)

- both include the solenoid lock (DXSOL/LOCK) and hotswap (DX1/200-SW160/RH) add-on options.

4 drive caddy's (two new/never used, two mint/barely used)

I'm asking $450.00/obo (to buy all this new would cost approx. $650-$700 according to results from pricewatch)

p.s. If you want, I can also throw in (no extra charge) 2 as-is 4gig Seagate Barracuda ultra wide scsi hard drives (4LP family, model# ST34371W) and 1 as-is 2gig Seagate Barracuda ultra wide scsi hard drives (2LP family, model# ST32550W)

If interested, write at the addy below (or reply here, I will be checking back daily). I've been an NT Compatible reader for a long time, but this is my first time out in the forums, and the second time I've sold anything online. The following seem to be the best ways to do things, but I'm open to suggestions...

If you're not local I have billpoint and paypal accounts, or we can work something else out, I'm pretty flexible.

Also, I might consider trades... make me an offer. Some things I'm looking for:

High quality 19in. monitor (1600x1200 @ 75hz or better)

Current generation vid card (eg. Radeon (ideal) or GeForce2)

??? ...(make an offer, anything interesting considered, doesn't have to be computer related)

thanks,

Gabe

stuff [at] azonis [dot] com

(don't forget to fix the email - change [at] and [dot] to the correct characters)