Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mav_erick

strange taskbar

I got an extremely annoying problem here...I don't know how it happened, because I wasn't there when it happened, but now my taskbar is gone. I can see it for a brief moment, when logging on, but then it disappears again immediately. At first I thought some wiseass wanted to play a prank on me and just tried to hide it you know...making it smaller and push it down, but no such luck! When I log on as admin or any other user the taskbar is there...but not in my account anymore!! Anyone got a hint for me? I just go bonkers with that!

------------------

hmm, no ideas? its really killing me!

It must be something in the registry for that user, but I don't know where this information is stored there.

Ummm, it's not set to auto hide is it? Run the mouse pointer along all of the edges to see if it pops up.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

I appreciate your intent, but if it were only that, I wouldn't have needed to post here. Anyway, thank you very much. Actually I had a friend over here, who also thought its obviously that, but to his amazement it wasn't. However I was able to fix it now...So in case someone got the same problem, try this:

1.create a new user and log on to this account.

2. open regedit and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion. There you will export the entry "Explorer" completely and log off.

3. log on to the user who got this problem. then open regedit got to the described key, delete the Explorer-entry there and then import the reg-file.

You just need to reboot or maybe only logoff and here we go as fine as paint!