Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CHAOSMAN

internet problems

im on a home lan, using a linksys 4 port router and a linksys lne100TX network card. I installed my network card drivers, and immediatly im able to go on the net without setting anything up, but the problem is that a dialog box always pops up the first time i open explorer and tells me it cant find server, it asks for me to go offline or retry. I press retry and my net works perfectly fine, but it really becomes irritation pressing retry every time i reboot and open IE. anyone know any workarounds to this? TIA

in internet options under connections, make sure it is on "never dial a connection". If so, try clicking the lan settings button and set the checkbox for automatically detect settings

My LinkSys Cable/DSL Router(BEFSR41) requires that I open my web browser and finish configuring. How about yours?

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

nm, thanks i got it, i installed IE 5.5 sp1 and it didnt give me that error anymore, also i didnt have to configure anything on my network card to get my internet working, jsut intstalled drivers and it worked perfectly, everyone thats for your help again!