Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lille Skutt

What is happening when win2k shuts down???

I have a problem. I changed gfx-card with my brother from a Geforce256 to a Geforce 2 GTS. Everything worked fine till I tried to shut down the machince. The sign saying that win2k is saving your config. After that my screen goes black and a white blinking cursor appears in the upper left corner and nothing happens. Before the change the machine turned off as I expected. Now I have to press the reset button and wait till I can press F8 to enter the boot-option screen. There I can press the power-button to turn off the PC. Does anyone have clue what is going on? I changed back to my own gfx card and the same thing happend. No new programs installed. I have not touch anything in my configuration.

Help please.....

jag måste ju bara hjälpa nån med ett så kl***iskt nick.

prova o avinstallera dina videokorts drivisar o sen installera dom på nytt..du kan inte bara byt gfx kort utan att fippla med drivarna

?? Twilight zone here. Doo doo doo doo doo.

English please since most people here can only read and write in it, and well as you can notice the users' english is bad enough imagine them trying to figure out another language laugh

*lol* laugh ... even if I didn't have a problem of this kind it would be interesting to know the solution for (a possible) future reference ... *hehe*

Nagual suggested that I should uninstall my display-drivers for my old card. I did and installed the new ones. First it looked like it was the solution for my problem. But...the real problem was that I must have Intel ATA66 drivers installed. Otherwise my computer behave like I described in my first mess. Nero Burining Rom 5.0 dosen´t work with Intel´s ATA66 drivers in my system. I don´t know why. So I changed to windows2000 standard drivers for the second IDE channel. After I did that I couldn´t turn off my PC. But I didn´t reliaze that because at the same time I changed the driver I installed also the new gfx-card. So I thought it was that card who caused the problem. Now I have unistalled Nero