Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
*Iblis*

Deleting Recycle bin

i have recently installed linux on a partition on my hard drive, and so as to be able to access it from windows 2000 i've instaleld an ext2 driver. the driver works perfectly, but windows insists on creating a recycle bin on the linux partition, and then complaining that it is corrupt whenever i empty the main recycle bin.

i've tried deleting the file but it re-creates it, i've tried setting the recycle bin options to 'configure drives independantly' but the linux partition isn't listed. any ideas how to remove the recycle bind from there permanently?

Well, I'm not sure if this will do it.. but its worth a try. This is a registry hack you can do to add the "delete" option to the recycle bin context menu.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder]

"Attributes"=hex:70,01,00,20

(the original entry will read 40,01,00,20)

Good luck!

------------------

---Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.---

Pentium II 450@504 4.5X112

128MB PC100 SDRAM

Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Seagate 13.6 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Western Digital 13.4 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Quantum 8.3 Gig

36X Acer CD Rom

Viewsonic PS790 19" Sweet as Heck Monitor

3Com NIC

Lexmark 5700 Printer

http://sandoval.dynip.com

cheers for that, but i would like to keep a recycle bin for the other drives, just not for that partition

I've had the same problem with ALL of my other partitions on my drive, do you also get a "_Restore" folder?

nope, no _restore.

i've given up and just told it to delete files straight off, and not put them in the recycle bin, then deleted the icon as above.

_restore is a function of windows millenium.. the safety restore function. in system control panel you can disable this feature from the troublehsooting section. you should then be able to delete the folder

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.thewolfslair.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.thewolfslair.com

</A>

You may want to try setting it to "Configure drives independently" in the Recycle Bin properties. Set your Linux drive to "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try. smile