Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kmonson

installation problems

I have a p2450 with 256MB RAM a soyo SBA+IV motherboard, an adaptec AHA2930U2 scsi card, a Pioneer 6x scsi DVD rom, a Yamaha 6x4x24x cd-rw, Diamond Viper v770 TNT2 Ultra, SB Live value, Avermedia TV-FM card, Realmagic Hollywood Plus decoder card, and an Intel 10/100 NIC. I am trying to install windows 2000 with a multiboot of 98 which is already on the machine. The problem I am running into is that during the first part of the setup while its detecting things through a dos window i get a blue screen saying "STOP error: Unable to Detect Boot Device" and it suggests i reboot and try again. Happens even after reboot any help would be appreciated. I have given it the drivers for the scsi card and the High Point ATA-66 Driver so it should be seeing my ata66 hard drive and my scsi hard drive.. Any suggestions?

I too had this problem. I have a Abit BE6 with HPT366 controller with 2 UDMA66 drives. Couldn't install Win2000 with the drives hooked up to the HPT366. Yes, I tried copying the drivers onto disk but still didn't help. What I had to do was move the two drives to the Primary controller (not the Hpt366 but the standard controller) then install Win2000 then I just put the drives back onto the HPT366 and everything works perfect.

thats interesting.. my ata/66 hard drive isnt plugged into my ata/66 controller though its currently on my ata/33

it is your scsi cart

when you enter the blue screen, hit f6 to search fot other drivers, and insert the nt driverdisk for the cart

i know it, coz i got a 2930 u2 myself and had the same problems

good luck