Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LoRdSpawn

Shutdown..

during last days im trying to let winnt5 (win2k) shutdown my computer featuring an ATXboard (asus P2L97) and P2 (300). isnt it possible to do that?

goto start/control panel/power options/apm then check enable apm. If the apm tab is'nt there check to see if it is enabled in your bios, or win2k wont show the option to enable it.

I am also having problems shutting down. However I was able to do a soft-off until just recently. I have installed the MS hot-fix for 2k and shortly afterward began having the problem. My current senario is: get saving settings and shutting down messages but then nothing. The only thing on my screen is blue shutdown background and the mouse cursor. Am unable to move cursor and my HD light blinks off and on every 2-3 seconds. Eventually I just end up turning off the power. I'm thinking it was the Hot-fix but am looking for more info.

FYI...Today I uninstalled the MS Hotfix (Critical Update Feb 17 2000) and no more problems with soft-off. Don't know exactly how it affects APM, but if anyone has some info that be great.

I have an ABit BP6 with dual Celerons and Win2k running. I was wondering why it is before with 98 my machine would shut down no problem automatically. Now with Win2k it goes to the Windows can now be shut down safely screen and stays there. I can't even hit the power button it does nothing! I have to hit the reset button then hit power.

Any help would be great!

I have a BP6, too. I have the same Prob.

I updated my BIOs, but he doesn't turn it off either...

Do you have the option to suspend the pc in ram...?

I mean everything is turned of, only the ram has power.. when you push the power key the is right there again...

I am missing that option, my freind has it...

How are your Bios energy options?