Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
killasmurf

changing win2k partition

I have a scsi drive with 2 partitions... windows 98 on the 1st active and win2k on the second and using win2k's integrated boot manager. now I want to ghost my win2k partition to an ide drive blow out the scsi repartition it one large volume and blast win2k on it. I know that with winnt if you do not edit the boot.ini to reflect the partition change it will say missig operating system. and ntloader and ntdetect also has to be there... curious if win2k has some similar files or if I can just gost and blast THANKS!

ummm setting display all files doesnt allow you to see boot.ini, ntldr and whatever...there is a specific check box for it...found it and pretty much answered my own question..will set default partition to 1 and copy all the required files over to win2k partition save it..ghost it blow out the drive reimage the 9.1 gig partition blast the image on the drive and should be off to the races...

just back up your data to the IDE and do a clean install. that will be the most shure fire way to do it. but if your lazy try ghost from norton

The check box to allow all system files to be shown is at:

1)tools->folder options->view(tab)

2)uncheck "hide protected OS files" recommended.

Any file which has both the attributes of hidden and system will be 'hidden' if this option is checked.