Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Sneis

LiveWare startup sound

I finally got liveware for win2k installed, but shouldn't it be playing the startup and shutdown sounds? All my other sounds work, and i have the startup and shutdown sounds on, but how come there isnt anysound when im starting up and shutting down?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Sneis:
I finally got liveware for win2k installed, but shouldn't it be playing the startup and shutdown sounds? All my other sounds work, and i have the startup and shutdown sounds on, but how come there isnt anysound when im starting up and shutting down?

One thing I've noticed when I installed softwares is that some settings and sounds are set when you're logged in as one user but not the other. If you're experiencing this problem, it's probably perhaps that it isn't set globally (I have no idea how that works). I've had the same problem when I installed an old version of ICQ (98a) and the sound events were installed in one user but not the other. You could, though, take the easy way out and simply set the sound manually through control panel's "Sound and Multimedia" applet. The file for the startup sound is "ctmelody.wav". The sound is nice, but I prefer to start quickly. But that's just me. smile

------------------
-- Strider Hiryu

No, like I said, it's already loaded onto the windows strat from the ctrl panel, and i only have 1 user, the administrator. I am starting to think it may be that I am using a copy of win2k (yeah a copy)