Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

ME/9x can't see my Win2k box!

Ive tried and tried to get ME to see my Win2k only box, but I cant. Ive looked at my dad's configuration, but I cant see any difference. Weve got NetBEUI,TCP/IP, IPX/SPX networking and MS file and printer sharing on the computers.

One box with 98 will see my dad's computer, but not either of mine, even when my dual boot is in Win2k. In ME it works fine.

Heres the 4 computers here

My main box runs Win2k SP1

My dual boot runs Win2k SP1/ME

My little brother's box runs Win98

My dad's box runs Win2k SP1

Im not sure, but it seems to be some issue with my box.

Except for my main box, which has a D-Link DFE-530TX series (dont remember which one), they all use a Realtek 10/100 NIC.

Ive had problems running ME and networking with Win2k.

I have a friend that sometimes brings his box over, and he can see my dual boot box and access it, but my main box is inaccessible. He can see the icon on the network, but thats it.

All the computers are seen by ME/9x, but cannot access them.

Ive tried typing in the location, right click to open, no luck.

If you need specs, let me know and I'll post all 4.

First, unless you need NetBEUI and IPX/SPX (NWLink), I would can them from all the installations. Next, make sure that the PCs have NetBIOS enabled over TCP/IP (it's just a checkbox in one of the network properties tabs) and that the IPs are all correct and in the proper subnet to see each other. What I would do is just check the PCs in pairs to make sure they see each other, then move on.

------------------

Regards,

clutch