Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigtech

win2k and ftp's

Can anyone tell me how to setup win2k pro to make accesible to an ftp. i have a computer setup on a lan that is running win2k, and when i try to login through g6ftp i can never connect.

I'm gonna assume you're talking about setting up the ftp server on the win2k machine....

You need to set up the ftp server in the internet services manager (in administrative tools). If there is already an ftp site there, make sure it is not stopped, and if it is not there, then add a new ftp server.

If you don't have internet services manager, then you need to install IIS from the win2k cd.

CUViper you are the man.. thank you very much. i wasn't even near a solution there. got the ftp setup and can login from the computer that's running the ftp but can't login from any other computer, how do i setup ftp for anonymous login???

I'm pretty sure there's just a setting that you can choose between basic ftp authentication and anonymous ftp authentication. I can't tell you exactly where as i don't have it set up on my machine at the moment. Just dig around in the settings a bit and you'll see it...