Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon26

Which is the best ALL-In-One Router?

Ok,

Right now I have a Cayman network router which Pacbell provide. It has a DSL modem built into it, which is cool, this way I don't have a DSL modem as well as a router hanging around. But I hate the way it looks (I know that's pretty lame) but its really ugly and it looks like its from the 1950's or something. The DSL line goes in the back of it and the 2 computers I have hooked up to it, are pluged into the front of it, making it really annoying to have wires in the back as well as the front, I have to twist and turn the wires so they fit right. So I guess what I am asking is, what is the best ALL-IN-ONE network router solution? Something that has all the wires and cables in the back of the unit. I have heard great things about linksys routers, but I don't know if I need a DSL modem for that, pacbell took my modem, because the router has it built into it. Any help would be great I'm only looking to spend around $200 to $300 on it.

Thanks, falcon26

Well, the little Linksys unit (BEFSR41, it has the 4 port switch in it) does not have a modem in it. Plus, the cheapest that I have seen it is about $130 US online. I don't know what the current price is, but I don't think it will be a lot cheaper. Replacing both may become a pricey proposition. Just get more RAM instead...

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch