Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chermesh

Can't establish communication (ISDN, Analog)

Hi,

I'm running a dual-boot system, NT4 and Win2K. My win2k system was unstable (COM2 disappeared, exclamation marks in control panel) and as a result I lost both my standard modem and my ISDN adapter connectivity. This is the case for my two OSs.

As far as the standard modem is concerned, when I run diagnosis, the response is ok, all characteristics of the modem a recorded as expected. Still, when I try dialing, a busy port announcement pops up. The line is clear, but the call fails to pass through.

As far as the ISDN connection, the situation is more complicated. On the win2k system, when I open the ISDN Monitor, and try to check my NDISWAN lines, I see there two line specified as "Not Started".

On the WinNT platform, at the end of the adapter installation process, I'm asked to reboot. When I check RAS after rebooting, I get a message informing me that the ISDN1 and the ISDN2 ports are no longer installed on my system.

Does my problem sound as a hardware problem? If so, how can I locate its source?

Or, is it a configuration problem? If so, what should I do?

Or else ...

Ran

------------------

Ran Chermesh Behavioral Sciences Dept., Ben-Gurion University

PO Box 653 Beer-Sheva Israel 84105

Phones: Work: 972-8-647-2057

Home: 972-8-642-2668, 972-8-610-1847

homepage: url=http://www.bgu.ac.il/~chermesh/ran.html