Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Windows 2000 SP2

Hi,

Does anybody know, when SP2 for Windows 2000 is coming out? I heard it was in beta stages a month ago. Any ideas?

ARC

im guessing sometime around the time of whistler beta 2. So look for it around the 17th of feb

Thank Guys..

That is great news!

By the way, if by chance any of you know how to run Windows 2000 SP2 Installation and Win2000 Installation @ the same time.

Please do tell. I mean to say, if I dont want to install Service Pack Later and want it to be integrated into Windows 2000 Setup.

Thank for help.

ARC

u basically want a verion of win 2k with sp 2 built in, i know there are a few verisons of win 2k SP1 floating around, but the SP 2 is not done yet so it wiil not be around for a bit, to me it is pointless anyways since every new SP they come out with should included all previous SP packs? do they not?

------------------

=========================

ICQ me!!!

========Specs========

ASUS P3V4X

VARIOUS O/C SETTINGS

PIII 533 @ 640 133fsb

PIII 533 @ 584 150fsb

384mb PC133

20gIBM 7200 rpm

40g MAxtor 7200rpm

Sound Blaster LIVE!!! Platinum

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 32mb 2x Agp

19'Samsung SyncMaster 950p

Logitech Wireless keyboard/Mouse

Creative 52x cdrom

Richo CD-R/RW MP7040a 4/4/32

Epson Stylus colour 760

Cable modem

and i networked with a MAC G3, now sharing printer/hardrives and internet.

WOW, aren't i special now laugh

AND iT ALL WORKS GRRRREAT!!!'

the way to make a SP2 CD is the same way as making a SP1 CD. No difference, as long as you patch the original I386 files with the ones from the SP then your fine.

yes but can anyone do this with an upgrad CD. I can do it with and OEM but not an upgrade. I suppose it might not be possible, but what if.

can't he download a crack to make the upg. cd a full cd? maybe i am wrong but i think i saw it a long time ago.

Or is there a hack that will allow me to use a full CD with the key from my upgrade. It would be nice since it is my legal registered copy.

there are ways to do it using certain files that alter the setup process in some ways. you just have to look around for them.

Accord2K1,

No, as with WinNT all Service Packs contain all of the patches from previous ones.

IE. SP2 will contain all the fixes from SP1 along with the new ones from SP2.

What will SP2 improve apon? I am thinking of upgrading to win2k but i do alot of gaming, will SP2 improve this?