Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cypress

Screenshot provided - check out half life in win2k...its all

Looks like something out of "Alice". Have you tried the 6.34 drivers? I use those and have had great success with them. I was having texture problems with various 7.x drivers in Q3A.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

wow thats trippy laugh do you have DX 8 installed with 7.17 are you running Direct3d or OpenGL in it and like they said try using other drivers than the 7.17 ones.

Oooh, wow!...where can I get that version of Half-Life?

I haven't walked down hallways like that since the early '70's. laugh

(Sorry I'm no help.)

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

Do not use the 7.xx drivers. Use 6.34-6.67. 6.67 are the latest. Even newer than 7.xx.

[This message has been edited by DosFreak (edited 05 February 2001).]

I have to say, though it would be a ***** to play the game in this way, IT LOOKS AWESOME!!

Imagine, after a few Guiness's, go play HL in this mode! WHOA!!!! smile

my HL doesan't even run ander win2k!

i have voodoo 3 2000 pci

i start the game, and once i go to single player (or whatever it is) it just crashes and i get "hl.exe generated an error wnad wil be closedby windows)

ilya, Win2k should run HL just fine with your Voodoo. Make sure you've got the latest drivers. Also, if youve upgraded to your voodoo from another voodoo, you may have to reinstall Win2k.

Do you have a Gigabyte board by any chance. Im only asking because one of my friends has a Gigabyte board, and a Voodoo3 3000 PCI and Radeon 32 DDR board have gone nuts-even with an reinstall under both boards. Maybe its just a bad board--its a Socket 7 Gigabyte GA-5AX.

Cypress, I do believe that the latest drivers for the GeForce 2's are in the 6.xx, not the 7.xx-nVidia hasnt released them this high yet. Or your computer is trippin on some 'shrooms...

yes nvidia has released 7.xx drivers. They are just not public release because they don't want to support drivers that might have problems. So they just leak betas that way they can say 'hey its a beta so we don't have to support it'