Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
~Aragorn~

Day of the Tentacle and SoundFX/VDMSound

hi im wondering if anyone can help me. im trying to get Day of the Tentacle running under win2k with sound! i have downloaded SoundFX and VDM Sound and both failed to give me any sound in the game - i know DosFreak has some experiance in this area but he covers his tracks better than a hacker wink so ive never been able to contact him direct - if you read this please help

System Specs

------------

AMD K6-III 500

256Mb Ram

Sb Live Player 1024

and some other guff but that doesn't seem relevant!

Hmmmmm, I don't remember if I got sound to work in that game or not. I've usually just been going through every game I can get my hands on and first seeing if the game actually runs. Then later I'm gonna go back and not the odd problems with them in 2000. (No sound/vesa). According to the VDMSOUND Compatibility page: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/ntvdm/compat/index.html

It works. I'll see if I can test it out to work today or more likely I'll have to play around with it tonight at home.

oh. here's my email. Don't wanna give out my work but here's my yahoo one: d0sfreak@yahoo.com

i fixed it - MBM was the prob i needed to uninstall AND reboot - no just uninstall then run the game

ta mate - obtw do u have icq? if so my uin is 68756307

Nope. Only have net access at work. Don't want to get internet at home because crappy UK doesn't have cable/DSL up here yet and modems are slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

So, Dosfreak is british....I guess you have the same kind of poor connection like the rest of Europe. Like your, I want high speed internet...I want cable (but the fuc..... cable provider is VERY slow putting cable everywhere, so until 2003 I won't be able to connect to a higher speed than 56k (and don't mention ISDN, it's flat rate is very expensive (100 Euro/Month) !!!!!

PS: Day of the tentacle rulez!!!

Then, welcome to European slow and expensive internet access :-(

I know americans are always surprised when they come to europe and see there no really afordable flat rate in NO european country. that's why we did an strike a long time ago, but still no success (http://telecom.eu.org)

Yep, I went from 1.2g downloads a month on 33.6 to "official" downloads at work. heh. I can't get all the stuff I want/need from work net tho. frown