Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheSpork

RCA Lyra

Who was the crackhead that said the Lyra will work in 2000? All those drivers from SCM do is make it so that you can access the flash drive from explorer, and copy over files to it. BUT both RealJukebox and MusicMatch Jukebox (MusicMatch now has a beta Lyra plugin) do not work when you go to transfer files to the lyra. they don't even show that it exists.

I tried this on thursday. Reformatted and installed a new fresh copy of 2000 (it's an annual thing for me, do every couple months) and it STILL wouldn't work.

So, if the person that submitted the lyra working, please share with the rest of us how to get it to work, because my compact flash reader WILL not work in Real or MusicMatch.

Anyway, to those people that also can't get theirs to work, go complain to RCA, it's soooo much fun ... hehe

I'm curious, I don't know these things, but how long has it been since the release of the Windows 2000 SDK and how long does it take to write drivers?

Quote:
I'm curious, I don't know these things, but how long has it been since the release of the Windows 2000 SDK and how long does it take to write drivers?
The SDK for W2K (and DDK for that matter) has been made available for each milestone release (beta1, beta2, rc0, rc1, etc) at the same time as the release.

To write drivers can take from 1 day to forever, depending. Certainly any competent, professional development group should have had drivers ready to go well before the "ship date" in February - I know that we did smile

------------------
SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM
SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb
IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"
Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)
SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)
Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Quote:
I know that we did smile

See, I knew it ... RCA needs to get themselves moving ... thanks dude for clarifying that for me, because I knew it couldn't possible take this long smile