Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywise

3.66 driver here

**** *** ****** **** ****** *** *** *****!!!

Every ****** time one of these driver updates come out, I have to format to get the bloody thing to work!!! NOTHING else works!!!

well at least to get friggen Q3 to work I gotta format!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIIITT see ya all in a few hours!

frown.gif

Well, I tried em, and i hate em

Couldn't get em to run Q3, so they suck in my book

3.65 it is

Hi!

Sorry, but we change all days our links. If you will post direkt links, they will be disabled after a short time.

Greetings,

------------------

Peter Hauser

webmaster@3dwin2000.com

Ekstreme,

Why do you have to reformat everytime you update your drivers? What build of Win2K are you using? I'm using 2195 final advanced server and I don't ever have any problems. I can switch back and forth as much as I want without any problems.

I am using the 3.66 nvidia drivers and they are working fine. No problems at all with Q3A, UT (D3D or OpenGL), Half-Life etc. Still no AGP with these though.

I have Win2K 2195 Pro,a Creative GeForce SDR and dual 366 Celerys at 566.

You guys with Q3 problems..are you using r_smp 1 ???

Seems nvidias opengl drivers 1.1.4 works with smp on...but in 1.1.5 you have to turn it off. You can check what version you have by checking the properties-version tab of the opengl driver file itself.

I am using win2k pro build 2183, nvidia drivers 3.65 nvogl 1.1.5. I get lockups in smp once in a while. Not all the time, wome times it depends on the map. I havent tried 3.66 but am curious witch drivers have 1.1.4 opengl?

OK, here is the deal....

System:

PIII 450

120 MB Ram

DV 770 32mb NOT ultra

SB PCI 64

Win2k 2195 Pro Final

Nothing overclocked

Whenever I try a driver update for the video card, Quake3 S**Ts itself. The game loads up, but the screen jerks. Updates about every 5 seconds. it does this through the intro screen, the setup and the game.

The only way to get it back to working is to format the drive and start install over again!

This shouldn't be the case EACH time a driver update comes out. PLEASE someone save my sanity!! AM I doing something drasticly wrong here?????

Yes, SMP is set to 0, I just checked that.

[This message has been edited by Ekstreme (edited 07 January 2000).]

What Build are you using? your system is up to par to play the game perfectly. I dont understand there must be something else hampering the performance. Are all your bios setting correct?

Well, as far as I know, everything else is fine!

is there any bios setting I should be looking for??

are there any significant errors in your event viewer? do other games run well?

well, everything else appears to run normal.

it's any kind of video driver adjustment that throws it out of whack. when I install half-life, that kills it too

I couldn't tell you and event errors, it's all working now, but I can easily change that frown.gif

yeah, did anyone with a tnt2 install these and notice a great difference? i'm reluctant to change drivers because the 3.65 ones don't uninstall that well and i'd have to do it like partially manually and delete junk out of the registry :P fun.

-spacey-

Well, every time a new driver comes out, I try to install them and always get the message that the driver were not specifically written for my piece of hardware. I when I continue to install them, after rebooting, the screen goes to the vga mode/16 color with the device manager saying that the drivers were bad. The only driver that I have been able to successfully load is the 3.53 drivers. I am using a CL TNT on build 2128 RC2. Any ideas?

Tim - All the 3.6x drivers are for RC3 and above only.

Ekstreme - Have you used the /cg_draw3dicons 0 command in Q3A? Try it - it worked for me!

So simple yet it hurts.

FOR RC3 and above only as stated above.

To have perfect Q3 action.

You can use 3dicons with this formula.

Get the newest drivers 3.6x for win2k

Get the NT4.0 drivers from www.nvidia.com

Extract both to diff folders.

Take the NT4 nvoglnt.dll and put it in the win2k drivers folder overwriting the 3.6x dll.

Now to fix the refresh rate.

open the win2k nv_4disp.inf with notepad.

find your card mines a TNT2U so its the NV5ULTRA.

you will see in rows on the left the color depth the resolution and the refresh rates.

Now remove the refresh rates you dont want to use for that resoultion.

Making sure the 0" lines up on the right margin.

Then install. any more questions ICQ me

sometime ago i was using RC2 with the 3.55 drivers and the 3dicons work great. im about to move to 2195 and 3.66 - sometime today. your system is a lott better than mine (only in prc speed) and mine ran smoothly with the older drivers. so if you can get those, it might help your problem.

I have a friend with a DV 770. He tried the det drivers and said that his performance was actually worse than it was with the Diamond drivers. I have an OEM TNT (I dont buy retail because I dont need a colorful box that costs me another 40-50 dollars) and the det drivers I have tried all work fine for me. Im thinking that it is the Diamond cards that dont like the drivers. DMM was never high on my list of great companies either after getting a RIO and having it break a week later. Im still waiting for them to give me a RMA number.

Ok, all these Q3 tweaks area all well and good, but you have to be able to get into the game to do them (unless hacking the q3 config file)

I think my problem is way more than just a game tweak, something is a miss majorly

Please read my older post in this thread regards problem and system specs.

The only thing in my Bios settings that I think my be contributing to this problem is "Video Memory Cache Mode"

I currently have it set to USWC (uncacheable, speculative write combination). The default is UC (uncacheable)

Could this be the bad seed??

Im not sure I guess you could always try it and see. Trial and error is how I find most of my problems out.