Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrSneis

Pioneer 106s DVD =reboot!

I have a pioneer 106s dvd rom drive with winxp and when i nsert any cd/dvd into the drive it will reboot the system or shut it down automagically. I can fool it into not rebooting by first rebooting and popping in the cd at the bios screen, but that's a pain just to use any type of cd. My creative burner is working just fine apparently, but the dvd rom drive is being major ghey. I have the latest firmware for it (1.09) and I can't find windows drivers for it anywhere. Any sugg's?

I had something similar happen to me. I could put a DVD in my DVD drive--a Toshiba, but if I put in any CD or another DVD, it gave me a BSOD. I could play CD's fine until I put a DVD in, then everything went to hell. This was in Win2k.

Ultimately, flashing my motherboard's BIOS to the latest one fixed the problem.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, though that was a weird fix for my prob.

i've been poking around with the drive all day, and I've pretty much confirmed the thing is busted. the drive was bought in june ;(

I thought that the Acer DVD drive was keeling over on me. Turned out it wasn't in my case. Hopefully, that's what it will end up being your problem.