Sign in to follow this  
kazon

HELP!!! Unable to Install XP Pro or Home on SOLTEK SL-75DRV

Hi,

I am currently running the following system

SOLTEK SL-75DRV

AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz

256MB PC2100 DDR Ram

Geforce2 MX 64mb (Nvidia XP Detonator Drivers)

Soundblaster 5.1

40GB and 20GB ATA-100 HD

Realtek RTL813 (A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

REALmagic Hollywood PLUS MPeg2 card

I have a Windows ME Partition and a Windows 2000 Partition.

I have tried on a few occasions to make a clean install of XP Corporate and XP Home edition. I select 'Clean' install (not upgrade) and all seems fine until it needs to reboot (the first time), i then select XP Pro Setup from the startup and the XP starts, asks if i need to install 3rd party RAID drivers etc, then the loading screen appears. About 2 seconds later it displays the Graphic Card BIOS screen and freezes. I have NEVER been able to get further than this. Some friends have advised me to turn USB off in the bios or press F5 and select standard PC in the XP menu but nothing seems to be able to sort this. All of the hardware above is brand new and Windows Millenium (spit) runs with no problems at all. Along the same lines I seem to have problems with Windows 2000. It seems fine for a while then it dead, it won't even load. This is usually after i have downloaded SP2 or the latest Via 4-1 drivers. This time I have refrained from downloading any updates and things seem ok atm, but I can't imagine any of the hardware i have not to be NT compatible. I have may friends who are all running XP and 2K with no problems.

Does anybody have any ideas (i am thinking of maybe getting a better known mobo soon, although I am pleased with the performance of Millenium)

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear about your bad luck....I have same mobo,ram,hollywood plus...1.4 T-bird, 64meg GTS2 ..... no problems installing Xp whatsoever....

Maybe you need to try a different copy of XP or -

disable the soundblaster support in the bios and just use the AC97...

If I remember correctly I needed to disable it to get Xp to install.

-remove all your cards except vid card and try.....

Hope it works for you. smile

I got a similar problem

my setup:

Epox EP-8k7a+

AMD Thunderbird 1.4@1.6

512 MB CL2 DDR Ram

a 30 gb and a 40 gb and 2 60 GB IBM drives

Geforce 3 card and so on and so forth

Installed earlier a beta of WinXP (build 2463 or something close)

(works fine with win2k driver for my onboard HPT370(a) ata 100 controller)

Got myself the devils own release of build 2600

seems it doesnt like the driver I used to install build 2463 very much ..... At this moment I'm dling a new bios update and I hope that will solve my problem ... But I suspect I have to wait until Highpoint-tech (.com) releases a WinXP driver for the HPT370(a)Controller

Hi,

Finally got XP working smile

This is what I did (praying doesn't help)

You need a alternative graphics card to do this.

Remove the Geforce card and replace with a non-gf card, i used a matrox g400. Then it installed with no problems (at last)

If you are running any USB devices I would recommend disabling the USB support in the bios

Then once its installed, plug the Geforce back in and install the relevant drivers and re-enable the USB support.

I have had XP running now for 3 days and everythings fine

good luck:D