Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Problems

Hello,

My System Specs:

AMD 1200 TBird

Abit KT7a-RAID Motherboard

256 MB Mushkin PC133 2-2-2 Ram

350 Watt PSU

Leadtek 64MB NVIDIA Geforce Pro

Turtle Beack Santa Cruz Sound Card (PCI Slot 3 - Sharing with nothing)

Intel 10/100 PCI NIC (PCI Slot5 - Sharing with USB)

Maxtor 40 GIG UDMA100 HD (Primary UDMA100 Master)

IBM 45 GIG UDMA100 HD (Primary UDMA100 Slave)

Yamaha 16x10x40 IDE CD-RW (Primary IDE Master)

Plextor 16x DVD Drive (Secondary IDE Master)

OS & Software:

WinXP Professional

Office XP + FrontPage

EZ CD Creator 5.0

Power DVD

I've got serious problems, I owned a SBLive and had all the crackling and distortion sound problems so I took the Santa Cruz route. I have to say the sound quality in XP is way better with this card except I get the same problem I was having with the SBLive except more frequently. I installed the beta drives off the website to no resolution. When I play MP3s or any other audio it just distorts and then catches up, its more frequent that what I got with the SBLive, any ideas. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have a bad card, but I bought this card with its claims to get rid of the SBLive issuse and here I am having it more commonly. Please help with this problem ASAP.

Thanks

PrinceAli0

What drivers are you using? I have it installed on my machine with Win XP, sounds great.

Turtle beach has drivers just for XP. www.turtle-beach.com

P3 1ghz

cusl2-c

512 meg pc133 ram

2 30 gig IBM hd

Plextor 12\8\32 burner

Kenwood 62x cdrom

toshiba dvd

Santa cruz sc with xp drivers

Geforce 3 with 14.20

Linksys nic

19" viewsonic

blah blah blahcool

if you arn't using your raid controller, disable it. otherwilse you need to make sure the winxp drivers are updated. WinXP ships with raid drivers for the HPT370, but they are slow and caused me problems with my sound (slowdowns when reading the hd's). if you go into device manager and view driver info on the raid controller, you will most likely see it is made by MS. They were also sneaky and to update a driver, if it doesnt detect a digital signature, it wont automatically install it. You have to select the advanced route, and dont tell it to detect your hardware, you have to manually select the inf and select the hardware from the list. Im using raid drivers 1.0.3b on my VP6 with no problems.

Cool I'll give the raid thing a try and see what I can do to fix my problem as it is pretty annoying.

Thanks

PrinceAli0

When I first did the upgrade to the santa cruz from the live, I just removed the card and drivers, and then popped in the santa cruz.. I still had the exact same problems with the santa cruz.. I then reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows from scratch and the problem was gone for good.. Did you just do a swap out of cards? or a full-blow clean install? If not, it would be beneficial for you to, otherwise lord knows what kind of creative labs junq is still floating around in your system.

Devildog

I ended up installing the latest HighPoint driver for my UDMA100 Raid slots and it has minimized to almost not being there. In certain games like Crimson Skies it kinda crackles a little but for all intensive purposes its way better than the SBLive issues I ran into. Thank god for you guys and your helpful posts smile

PrinceAli0