Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bando2000

My experiment , with win9x and win2k= SBLive

I have fixed the issue of crackling in Win2K. But I don't like the idea of having to reduce hardware acceleration, to do so. So I have to hard drives I decided to reformat one for win98SE. Will I finally got the second hard drive format which took for ever.It kept saying secured network device format error. So I used fdisk. Finally got it.

In win98SE the IRQ setting for the SBlive is 7, and 5. All games run great and no crackling with hardware acceleration at max. THIS IS WHERE THINGS WENT REALLY WEIRD!! I now disconnect the second hard drive and leave the first one connected so I can see what IRQ SBLive is using and if I can change it. Will I boot up. No hard drive connected to the system. I check Bios same thing. I tried several things but nothing seems to work. I then just connect the second hard drive back up and the system boots into win2K. Once In win2K explorer I clicked on the second hard drive it says in order to view this drive it needs to be formatted. No problem I was planning on doing it later any how. I guess I am screwed if I ever want to format the first hard drive!! Any suggestion for that would be great. But now back to SBLive. The IRQ for it is 11, and so is my Wintv card, network card, AGP Card, and my PCI USB which is built on board.

Now I have tried to change the network card and SBlive IRQ and there is no way to do so in Win2K or I am missing something here. I checked Netgear web site and it says on trouble shouting that my network card and SBLive need to be on different IRQ's and not be using the same ones.

Any thoughts and suggestion on this. My system Spec's are as

FIC AZ11 w/1000 TB

256 133 PC RAM

Voodoo5 5500 AGP

SBLive Gamer

Netgear 310TX

WinTV

Two 20 gig ultra ATA 66

One CD/RW 8X4X32

Print

Scanner

Intel Web cam

Rio MP3 Player

Lyra MP3 Player

Digital Camera

Four Point around sound speakers w/sub woofer.

I have an ASUS A7V and it lets me manually set the irq for each slot. I have the SBLIVE at IRQ 7 but it still shares it with my Geforce 3 card.

Just my 2 Cents:D

Win2k can be made to not have everything share the same IRQ. In device manager, change the ACPI compliant PC to Standard PC. I wouldnt just because I had to reformat, since my mouse and keyboard werent recognized when it booted back up. Then you can change the settings in BIOS, as long as PnP is off. The AZ11 is a sorry mobo, but Im prettty sure you dont want to replace it if you dont have to.

I also have the A7V, but I cant change IRQs regardless. I also dont have an SB Live! or any Creative sound card.

I will give changing my ACPI to standard and see what happens. I guess I can reformat if I have to. I hope I don't thou.