Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyLC

How to share files and printer

I have two computers, one is Win2000, and another is WinME, I've set up a network, and the network works fine (i can use ICS, and can see each computer in network neighborhood), and in my Win2000 computer, I can access the files in WinME, but in WinME, i can't get into my Win2000 computer, it is asking me the passowrd, how can i set up an account for WinME, so in WinME, i can access the Win2000 computer and share the files, and printers?

Thanks!

Set up a User account on the Win2K box using the computer name and password of the ME box. Then set your permissions when you share them.

Another method, which may be perfectly suitable for your two-machine LAN, assuming security is not an issue, is to goto Control Panel>Users & Passwords>Advanced>Advanced and click on Users in the left pane, right click on Guest>Properties, and uncheck the boxes, "User cannot change password," and "Account is Disabled."

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

i think i've set the account for my winme machine correctly...

but... i can get in win2000 computer in teh network neghborhood from WinME

machine, but i didn't see anything there, i've already set the printer to

share in Win2000, but still can't see it from WinME... how do i set the

security for the printer, in that tab, i saw Administrators, CREATOR OWNER,

Everyone, and Power Users, do i need to add that account in. i've set the

WinME account as a power user.

thanks!

Sorry bud, by PPTP is not my strong suit. I am forwarding this thread to a web admin friend on mine who it just so happens to be working on a similar setup for his company. If he tells me anything, I will post it.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Sorry bud, by PPTP is not my strong suit. I am forwarding this thread to a web admin friend on mine who it just so happens to be working on a similar setup for his company. If he tells me anything, I will post it.

------------------

Regards,

clutch