Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beamrider

Linksys Router/FTP server

Well, this router is FAST, easy to configure, and I got it pretty cheap. But here's the problem:

Running Win2k Pro on one machine, and I usually run Vermillion FTP on this machine as a ftp server. But now, Vermillion can't pull the IP of the cable modem, only the IP of the NIC, which is 192.168.1.100. So no one can connect to my ftp. Is there anyway around this, or do I have to use something like Dynip?

i have that router

do this

go to the router settings, and then goto advanced properties, and then to the orange dmz tab. put in that .100 in the field. it will work.

Avoid using DMZ unless you absolutely have to. The better way is to enable port fowarding on port 21 to your computer. It's in the advanced settings as well.

If you need help with this router give me an e-mail be happy to help!

bobafett@4degreez.com

Did you turn on the ftp port(port 21)in the advanced setting >forwarding on your router? I have this router also and it's one of the best toy's I have bought myself in a long time.

Ok bottem line, do what i said above, that is the correct way with that router, dont listen to anyone else, cause they prob dont have the router. Just do what i said.