Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Network Imac And W2k With linksys router.

I have a windows 2000 box, and my sister has an imac blah i know blah. anways, i am having trouble networking them. i am using a linksys dsl router and i got my dsl modem but i dont have the dsl service yet(they said they need to build my profile first). anways i am just now trying to network the mac to the pc so i can atleast have them networked. my question is should i be using tcpip to network them or appletalk, i have tried both and i have knowledge of tcpip because i am in cisco class at school. i tried appletalk but was unsuccessful, does anyone know how to hook up these two computer, and in the future know how to hook them up with shared dsl connections.... please help.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: Maxtor 20 gig hardrive :: quantum fireball 4 gig hardirve :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

AppleTalk shouldn't even enter into the picture. Since what you're routing is the Internet, which is completely TCP/IP, stick to that.