Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Runar

Problem sending email through server with ICS

I have a server put up with Win2k Pro, i have my adsl modem connected to it and use ICS so other computers can access the internet through LAN, everything works fine except i can´t send email from any computer except the server, i can browse the internet, play games and more but not send email, i´ve tried a few different email program (eudora, many versions, outlook express, microsoft outlook) and none of them work, does anyone have any ideas what is wrong, it´s most likely because of some setting on the server or the email program itself but i have no idea what settings

hrm i'm not sure how your adsl service works, but with @home i just enabled netmail on my accounts and then i can just set the mail server accordingly on my client. also make sure you have the pop3 and smtp stuff setup in the ICS.

I´m really gratefull for the help, but where do i make these setting to enable smtp pop3 and netmail ??

Does anyone know where to enable this Netmail in Win2k as Spacey talks about above ? and enable pop3 and smtp ??

all you needed to do is to go to your server(the one that is connected directly to the internet), open up the command prompt and type ping mail, and copy down the ip address.

go to your mail program, when you setup, use the ip address when you usually type mail in the pop3 field. same procedure with news. hope that helps.