Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Norton Ghost

I know this is a little off topic, but there are some smart guys in here, and I would like their advice.

I recently put WINME on my computer. I have 3 hd's and 6 partitions. Last night I put Ghost 2001 on, and imaged it under high compression. I got an image file that was 1.1gigs. Do I have any options on how I can get this size down, or back it up to cdrw, without having to reinstall/format? I know I can only hold around 650 megs on a cd, and this image file is double that. I don't know what to do, or what the easiest solution is. Please help

Go to:

www.winace.com

get the program, it allows u to compress into volumes (more than one file)

u can put a DOS sfx module whcih will allow u to rejoin and decompress from does incase ur pc really screws up

X:\> Ghost.exe -split=645

If you start Ghost like that it will span the image for you. (645=645MB, you can change it if you like)

Or since you got V2001 you can save the image to CDR's from directly from Ghost, but I think that's slow.

I'm not sure if Ghost can run under WinME but thats not recommended, use a bootdisk with some kind of DOS.

/Toby

Hi I just got Norton Ghost and went to backup with an image my Hard Drive with nothing but Windows 2000, Office 2000 Drivers and essentials on a total of 8 GB of data, It told me it would need 600 CD's is this right and if so can i compress it more? I had picked high compression. Thanks, also I have two HD in the system one is 30GB the other 6.4GB is there any way I can copy the 30GB one onto the 6.4 one, the manual suggests you can but the drive doesn't even show up!.

Thanks.

------------------

Donald Marshall

www.deltaforcecommand.org.uk

For all your Map Making Needs

www.specialforcesgames.co.uk

For all your Special Forces Game Needs

if you can get ahold of drive image 4 pro it will let you image your drives to CD-R/W