Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rdk

Win2k, DOS and WinME probs

is it possible to get into dos or install winME to my 2nd HDD through win2k ?

i meen dos as in dos before windows boots up, i need to get into that, someone send me their win98 book disk files to rdk@wn.com.au please

rdk - you can use a bootdisk as was recommended but if you install Win2k and converted the partitions or hard disks to NTFS then you are SOL. You would need to get a trial of ntfsdos from sysinternals.com to be able to access an ntfs partition from dos. Have you tried booting with the Win2k cd to repair? What is the actual problem that you are having that causes you to want to access a Win2k install from DOS?

------------------

--------------------------------

Shrink

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward."

PIII 650@850; BE6-II Mobo with 384 mb PC133 ram; 40GB WD Caviar, 20 gig Quantum KX, 8 gig Quantum CR; Ricoh 7060a burner; Aopen 52X CDRom; ATAPI Zip 100; SBlive Value; Realtech NIC; All In Wonder Radeon AGP; a bunch of USB Stuff (keyboard, mouse, scanner, hubs, blah blah); Windows 2000 Pro SP1; and a partridge in a pear tree.

all i need is to install winME in the 2nd hardrive so i can put it back in my uncles pc since you can't do it through his pc

------------------

Why not just disconnect your win2k hard drive and work only with the 2nd harddrive.

Disconnect Win2K harddrive. Connect 2nd hard drive by itself. Stick WinME CD in CDROM Drive. Boot From CD and start with CD support. FDISK 2nd hard drive, reboot, boot from cd, format, then run setup.exe from winme cd. Your WinME CD will be bootable unless you have a w4r3z "ripped" copy.

na its not a ***** version

i tryed switching the boot drive to my 2nd hdd but it says press any key to reboot thats with new partition but no format, if i format then it says it can't find NTLSD or something like that

------------------

btw its through the bios i change boot settings cos it is fully customiazable (CUSL2-C)