Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hi_robb

Problems with Win2000's CD player

Lo folks,

I've got a problem with win2000's music CD player. It was downloading the tracknames (playlist things) up untill a few days ago when it suddenly stopped.

Now no matter what I do It just keeps saying album not found. I know those albums are listed in whatever database it is searching in, as in previous installs of Windows 2000 it has found em with no problems.

Running Service pack 1.

Any ideas?

Dave.

Right click on My Computer, choose Manage, Removable Storage, Physical Locations, right click each CD-R, choose Properties, put a mark in the box to enable Library.

I'm now having the exact same problem. I already have libraries enabled but it still doesn't work! HALP!

Hi, there is a problem with Win2k CD Player and downloaders programs like GetRight, when these programs have activated "Monitor clicks on Internet Explorer". Try disabling this option, it surely solve your problem, at least it work for me.

I've shut down everythign I can find that tries to tie in with IE in any way, but it still won't download track names. I emailed support at tunes.com and they say that they no longer support MS CD player, but that still doesn't explain why CD Blvd doesn't work any more

Have you e-mailed CD Blvd support about this issue?

Maybe they don't support MS CD Player any more either?

That happened to me long time ago.

Windows Media Player 7 will do the trick.

------------------

Asus CUSL2 Mobo 1006A, PIII 800EB, Elsa Geforce 2 Mx, 32MB, SB LIVE! VALUE, 256Mb PC133 CAS3, Quantum Fireball lct20 20,IntelPro/100+,Asus 8xDVD-ROM, HP CD-WRITER+ 9300

Apacabar BeOS5 Pro

M$ Whistler 2428