Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Adding DirectX8, Internet Explorer 6, to WIN2K CD

Hi Guys,

I know how to add service packs to win2k installations, but how aobut adding directx 8 or, media player 7, or internet explorer 6 (when it comes out).

Is there way to do that?

ARC

Nope, there currently isn't any way to slipstream anything except service packs. I'm hoping this will change. As Paul said, you can copy the files over and install from the CD. Another options would be to install Windows 2000, SP1, DX8, and IE6 then ghost the system. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck.

Well,

Around a month I guess somebody said, you can have a silent install in the background.

Any ideas?

ARC

You know how to include the service pack in win 2k installation? Please share ... I seem to be the only one who doesn't know

Thanks,

Charles L.

Well,

I searched the forums and found my three month old post regarding DX8 Integration, which was replied by Dos Freak. He said "I will post tomorrow".

Dos Freak, please post it in here or in the Hardware Section under "Integrating DX8.."

Thanks

ARC

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OLEerror:
Nope, there currently isn't any way to slipstream anything except service packs.
</font>

I read somewhere that you could integrate o2k with win2k so that they both installed together.

Anything new on this.

I need a reply from Dos Freak, who originally claimed it would work.

ARC