Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cuke

MS IE 6.0

Just installed the beta version of this. Have noticed that it loses my icons for some of my fav pages. Aside from that it has a neat display. Anyone else care to comment?

Chris

What did I tell you boy's & girl's about this stuff.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 29 January 2001).]

What did I tell you boy's & girl's about this stuff.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 29 January 2001).]

By the way, b4 I forget, it is for w2k only. Sorry all you 9x OS's..... :-(

Chris

thats a good question, i'd like to know as well. IE 6.0b 2403 runs fine for me, it seems a bit slow though, and everytime i remove that bar on the left it just comes back again and again, i find it to be the most annoying part of IE6.

Mmmmmm, interested as to why someone is deleting my posts and then putting one up in my name. Big brother speaks????? Anyone wish to mail can....

Chris

Hey cuke, thanks for sending me the link, but the administartors here dont like ***** (which is what it is). Fair Enough after all its their board.

Tom

I can understand the adminstrators point, but I took their lead from the Games message forum. There is a post in there that has a direct link to a beta download which goes to MS. If they wish to make a point then at least have some consistancy please.

I deletet my own post smile

About IE6 I have a problem: I can't get into Windows Update anymore.

And when I move the toolbars , they reset after I restart my computer. But other than that its great.

Hi Galilee, if you make your changes to your taskbars, then goto 'view','toolbars' and tick lock toolbar. If it is already ticked then untick it first then make your changes and then re-tick it. Yes it does stop you from getting onto update cos it is for IE 5.0 only. Once IE 6.0 is released then it will be ok.

Chris

When will IE 6.0 be released? Oh um you said it loses you icons for your favorite webpages? Internet Explorer always does that when you delete your temp files.