Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeFan

Popup Windows

Can someone please tell me how i can stop all thoses pop up windows form coming up.

Shut one down 2 more come up i have tryed

all the programs to try to stop it but none of them work. Is there another way???

Oh well, at least we know what kind of websites u hang around, eh? wink

Well...the only way I know to turn off pop up windows is to use Neoplanet. I remembered seeing an option to turn on or off Pop up windows and you can change the browser skin. Go to:

http://www.neoplanet.com if you want to check it out. Neoplanet supposedly gives you better control of your browser but I don't really like it.

Oo oo, you could use Opera, then the pop ups would be more easily handled.

-bZj

Depending on the browser you use, you can try to disable javascripting - this prevents 99% of pop-ups, but it will also render certain legitimate pages unusable.

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the latest version of IE lets you disable javascripting :-(

Depending on the browser you use, you can try to disable javascripting - this prevents 99% of pop-ups, but it will also render certain legitimate pages unusable.

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the latest version of IE lets you disable javascripting :-(

http://www.hdsoft.com/popnot/

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JoeFan:

Can someone please tell me how i can stop all thoses pop up windows form coming up.

Shut one down 2 more come up i have tryed

all the programs to try to stop it but none of them work. Is there another way??? </font>