Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED

anyone know how i can get rid of this bsod, i get it when i play games (but not all the time) or rarely in windows. It happens sometimes when i am in a game like delta force 2 i was running along and it bsod on me. i cant get into Pod Racer as it comes up with the same message before i get into the game (when loading), I am using a 1.1ghz athlon, asus a7v133 mobo Tnt2ultra with ref 6.67 and a sblive (liveware 3 drivers ONLY). i have 4 in 1 1.28. anyone have a clue.

thanks

Tom

i get that too, its a direct draw problem i believe, uninstall your video card from device manager and install the Det. WHQL 6.62 drivers, that should fix it, i got that bsod with the 7.17 drivers.

Funny thing I used to get that too with my old TNT2 card. I had an ALi Alladin V Socket 7 mobo, and that was my cause...dunno about yours. Try setting your AGP to 2x and use the 3.xx driver series, I found them the most stable from the lot. Once again, I had an Alladin V mobo smile

I used to get that too with my old TNT2 card. I had an ALi Alladin V Socket 7 mobo, and that was my cause[(/quote]

To get Nvdia chipset to work with socket 7 boards you had to disable EXTERNAL cache. That's all. NO directdraw issues, no agp issues...just that.

Is your system overclocked in any way? From what I've seen on this board and other Bulletin boards, overclocked systems (when they are unstable) get this BSOD in Win2k.

hi thanks to all who replied especially EddiE314 i used those drivers and all is fine.

Tom