Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nagual

ps2/rate

ok here it goes,

i just bought a logitech pilot (the new model @ http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/78

no..i put it in the usb port uninstalled and then installed the drivers (9.0)

every so often it hangs so i think what the heck, ill try the ps2 port.

and whattya know it works and works without hanging the whole comp.

the prob is that even though i put the mousedrivers on 200hz, when i check with the ps2 rate checker it says im only @ 153hz (u can find it @ www.bluesnews.com --> mouse resources )

then i try to install ps2rateplus (@ tweakfiles.com) and no matter what i do i wont get it to work it just says that some vxd/dll has to be in the same map that the .exe is in (which it, of course, is)

so

how do i make a THOROUG uninstall of the logidrivers and how the **** can i put it up to 200 hz ?

os -> win2k

logi 9.0 drivers

sp1

hmm cant think of anything else that should matter.

thx in advance

Well, it sounds like it could be the drivers, since it may be a native USB device. However, 200Hz isn't such a great option, as it just eats up more CPU cycles.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

200hz is great smile

yes i think its the drivers too..since when i uninstall them (also remove .dlls and stuff then dll wont remove - not the reg **** tho) it still detects my old mousesettings

btw . i have kickas machine so i dont care that much about those little more cycles more rate would mean wink

[This message has been edited by nagual (edited 08 December 2000).]

I do not believe that MouseRate program is th most accurate piece of software, also it only gives you an Average Ps2 Rate. I have a BX (Asus-P2B)chipsetM/B and a Via (asus P3v4x) With the BX I averaged about 190mhz, and with the Via I average about 180mhz. Same Mouse (Logitech Wheel), Same driver 7-8 and MS mouse driver).

The Chipset probably factors in, and I don't know how much you can trust that Mouse rate Sampling program. Either way, 150mhz is still going to be excellent over the default 40mhz.

Just my Opinion, Have a good day, and good luck.

~NT Worker

mouse soap #3

installed new hd (ibms deskstar 30 gig ata/100 yummie) and of course newly installed my system on it so id have wi2nk on the fastest hd.

last night i put my mouse in the usb port again and whattya know it worked all night even though, with the previous install, it hung occasionally in q3

go figure

thx for the help anyway

theres nothing a reinstall wont fix it seems wink

btw, the ps2/rate checker util IS accurate..at least it ALWAYS reports 125 hz when i use usb wink