Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
waldo

Apcompat.exe

I seem to have misplaced my 2000 install, and it is hiding from me very well. And I only need it for that one file: apcompat.exe. And I cant find it _anywhere_. Is there anyway I can get someone to email it to me, or post it? Email: i_am_ed@zdnetmail.com

Thank you for any help you can be.

Ring MS, they will help you.

Incidentally, a lot of the ***** versions did not come with apcompat, MS did have a link on their website but I think they removed it due to all the ***** kiddies downloading it.

Regards

Kristian Dorey AMIAP CNA CWD

please do not ***ume people have pirated versions because they don't have a particular app or something. Maybe he could have a retail and misplaced his CD, never know. Either way I help people if they buy the software or not.

Damn , i didnt even catch that.

Nope, I go to school away from home. Its not worth the trouble to get one of my brothers (not yet teenages) to go through my stuff and attempt to look for it. Plus I dont trust their sense of delicate operation.

But whatever, I didnt realise I was being labeled as something that I was not. Thats pretty discouraging.

I was not labelling waldo as anything. I did not realise Ms had moved acompat to the msdn. I was just pointing out the *reason* MS gave me as to why they removed it in the first place. Some Dell recovery CD's did not come with the Support Directory.. So even I had problems.Since they had removed the link I had to contact MS..

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Regards

Kristian Dorey AMIAP CNA CWD