Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tear

ICQ crashes

Every time I try to run ICQ it crashes on startup. How do I fix this? And don't tell me to reinstall windows beacuse I have just installed it and I don't want to re install it. But I know this is probably the only way. But please couldn't there be another way.

Are you using the newest release of ICQ? In my experience, ICQ is a really crash-prone program. I'd probably try uninstalling it and reinstalling the newest version. Is there any kind of error message that you could tell us? At the very least, I can say that it works fine for many of us, so I doubt it's a conflict with win2k. Let me know if that helps!

Sounds silly but you know that disclaimer at tart that says "close all background progs" i actually tried that and it worked for me.. just while installing then it was fine..

It actually works for me now it was something that went wrong when I tried to backup my contact list

In my experience with ICQ:

ICQ 98a: Ran great!

ICQ 98b: Ran great!

ICQ 99a: Ran HORRIBLE, CRASHED ALL THE TIME P.O.S.!!! Would never convert contact lists correctly.

ICQ 99b: Ran great!

ICQ 2000a: Ran great!

ICQ 2000b: Ran great!

no doubt, I have to go with yakkob if he is snickering at miku...

MSN Messenger? come on...ICQ has never had a problem with me, never has, never will..

MSN is good, but it ain't widely used and the features in it currently blow