Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lawson23

EazyCDCreator3.5c ASPI Errors

Not having any trouble with cd copier deluxe and don't seem to have problems with making a data cd with eazycdcreator but when I try to do an audio cd I'm getting ASPI errors and making coasters! I had this problem earlier and it was MusicMatch Jukebox(everytime right after installing MMJ I would make coasters go back to a ghost without MMJ worked great). So now I don't install MusicMatch and I have had no problems but getting problems again. I have heard of people having problems with ver4.02.

Does anyone have an excellent CDR-RW software solution for Win2K? I had no problems for 2 years under win98. I have a Yamaha 4x2x6, Toshiba cd-rom and old 2GB HD all on my SCSI chain. I also have IBM drive on ATA66 and an old HD on regular IDE.

Any help would be great!! I'm so sick of making coasters! Thinking of dual booting to 98 just to make CDs!

As far as I know.... Easy CD Creator 3.5c does not work with Windows 2000 and there is no update that will help. You need to have Easy CD Creator 4.02 preferrablly version 4.02d. Just remove Media Player 7 plugin for Adaptec. (if you have media player.) And make sure if you have McAfee..that it is a 5.x version. Any less and you will have many problems!

What is this msg about Media Player 7 adaptec plugin? I just installed Media7 this could be my problem with 3.5c?

Could you explain this more

Again 3.5c does not work on Windows 2000!! The Media Player 7 plugin for Adaptec can disable all your CD products, making them show up in Device manager with an Exclamation mark on each. Removing the Adaptec Plug in will fix this.

Not going to matter with 3.5c....you have to have 4.02

Sorry!

well just to let you know 3.5c does work in win2k. I have used it since win2k came out and adaptec even says it works they just won't support it in win2k anymore. I'm just wondering if Windows Media does anything to the aspi layer? Also people are having the same problem with 4.02 so I'm looking for a real solution for win2k! I have also had problems with Nero.

Yes, WMP 7 is evil ... I guess you did a custominstall without CD-burner plugin for WMP7 ?

Cause it broke my system beyond repair when I had EZCD 3.5c (which works like a charm under Win2000) installed and upgraded default way to WMP 7.

Do you have the latest ASPI from adaptec installed ?

- 4.60 (1021) is the latest version and can be obtained here: http://www.adaptec.com/support/faqs/aspilayer.html

I dislike WMP 7, piece of bloatware AND it forced me to reinstall ... I'm happy with WMP 6.4 and EZCD 3.5c

Windows Media Player 7 is causing your problems and just for kicks I'll repeat what's already been said. ADAPTEC 3.5C works fine in Windows 2000. The ony thing that sucks about it is that you have to install ASPI wheras with 4.0 it has it's own internal ASPI that is installed when you install 4.0.

Docsilly, I installed Media7 using typical install. From your comment I felt like that is what you recommend? Is this wrong?

Also I'm wondering have you ever had same problems? With EZCDCreator? No problems with cd copier no problems with data use of EZCDCreator(pretty sure) only the audio part. When it errors both my cd lights go off like it is searching the SCSI Chain?

Can you try another CDR program? So we can pinpoint the problem? If DATA works audio should too....

I will try nero and see if that is the problem but I know I had a problem with that also way back. So I stopped using it also but I will give it a try.

KJ1999 -- Easy CD Creator 3.5c with patches was listed as compatible with W2000 when it shipped in Feb.

It only became 'incompatible' after WMP 7 shipped with all the new digital rights management stuff.

After installing WMP7 and locking up, I did a 'last known good' to get rid of whatever they did the the EasyCD drivers and I'm currently burning with 3.5c just fine. (This wouldn't work if you could successfully boot after WMP7 was installed. Perhaps you have to deinstall WMP before installing EasyCD.)

My theory: Microsoft wanted to break 3.5 because it doesn't support Digital Rights Mangement (copy protection for SDMI music), and Adaptec didn't really mind because it earns them upgrade dollars.

Ok so is there a way to get Windows Media to play nice with Eazy CD Creator? Also I tried Nero and it burned to 100% then crashed and said failed at 4x speed. Which is bull! I have burned over 200 CD's at 200 this exact way with 3.5c in win98 and never made a coaster.

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ1999:
Again 3.5c does not work on Windows 2000!! The Media Player 7 plugin for Adaptec can disable all your CD products, making them show up in Device manager with an Exclamation mark on each. Removing the Adaptec Plug in will fix this.

Not going to matter with 3.5c....you have to have 4.02

Sorry!

Your Kidding !!
I've just spent two weeks trying to get my CD ROM & RW back and now you say its wmp 7 at fault !Reformatting and reloading.....
Thanks Mr Gates

should read the forum more. Its been known that WMP 7 f-s up your windows config for a long time.

I guess some could try the custom install and de-select the CD-R plugin ... don't ya look at me, I'm happy with WMP 6.4, no need for another piece of bloatware.

"bloatware" isn't the word for WMP7, more like...Hmmm....well, ok Bloatware, nevermind.

Oh, and EZCD 3.5c DOES work man, i use it all of the time, all you need is the win2k patch and the 4.60 aspi drivers.

WMP 6.4 rules

[This message has been edited by EddiE314 (edited 25 October 2000).]