Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
richardclark

REMOTE DISPLAY OF X

I have a server that I want to run headless since its video card is fairly weak. On my remote desktop I have an Nvidia GeForce2 w/64M that I want to display my X desktop through.

Is there a way that I can specify lower specs for the server and higher for my remote system or should I just get a highres video card and X over from the server that way?

Thanks

What are you runnin on your remote desktop to access your server, Exceed or another xserver?

I have Exceed 7 and a free xserver called Cygwin. My laptop has an nvidia card in it capable of going 1600 X1400, which I'm positive neither of my servers at home can run. I dont' have any problems kicking up my servers desktops though and to my knowledge it displays at whatever resolution I'm currently running. So I'm not sure the spec's of your servers xserver really matters when running your desktop remotely, only the specs of the xserver running on your remote machine (I could be wrong about this, so someone pipe up and tell me if I am smile

not sure if that answers any questions or maybe I just misunderstood what you were asking.

Aric

Quote:
I have Exceed 7 and a free xserver called Cygwin.

Don't you mean XFree86?? 'Cause Cygwin is not an xserver.

Well..yes smile Sorry, I always associate Cygwin with the xserver when it's the entire package. Sorry for the confusion.