Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slewis1972

Config Outlook Express with MS Exchange Server ???

Hi,

At work I have now got 2 e-mail addresses due to the job I do. They though have been having problems with Outlook 2000 collecting both mailboxes, so is it possible to config Outlook Express to connect to a MS Exchange Server.

Scott

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? In Exchange 5.5, you can add multiple addresses to a given user using the Exchange Admin program. Go to the particular recipient, and double click on him/her. Then, go to the email addresses tab. I have the Internet Mail Service installed (to support SMTP traffic), which allows me to use "whomever@somewhere.com". I have 4 addresses for my one account on my server at home (test bed). This method is similar to using aliases. In this manner, I can have all 4 addresses receiving mail to the same box that I can check from work using OWA (Outlook Web Access). In addition, I have my client setup to check for email from my tradition POP3 accounts from my home ISP. All the mail from all the accounts resides on my server so that it can be backed up. I am doing this with Outlook 2K, and have done it with Outlook Express 5 as well. Here's a screen cap of this setup on my server. If you need more help (either of you), contact me at any of the "@driventechnologies.com" addresses in it.

smile

http://www.driventechnologies.com/pix/email_setup.jpg

Oh, and btw, if you absolutely HAVE to have seperate mailboxes (can't have multiple address to the same box) then you have to have the OWNER role for your account. For instance, if you have "eddie@somedomain.com" (somedomain.com being the name of the domain that the exchange server is in) and you have to have a seperate box for "webmaster@somedomain.com", then you would have to add the the "eddie" account as an OWNER to the webmaster account in Exchange. If you need a pic of this, let me know and I can put that up as well.

------------------

Regards,

clutch