Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primetime2000

Logitech Quickcam VC USB with W2K

I heard from someone that the VC won't be covered by the new software(which is bull**** if you ask me)...My Quickcam Home was listed as a Web....this new software is screwy. Try asking Logitech?

------------------

PIII 500 (Pre CuMine)

160MB RAM

GeForce DDR

Sonic Impact S90

Win2K Advanced Server

Logitech Itouch Elite

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Quickcam Home

etc. etc. etc.

That Quickcam software DOESN'T support the Quickcam VC USB.

I even called Logitech and they are not going to support the VC in 2000. Which really sucks, because the still sell the camera.

I just bought 2 VCs for me and my girlfriend a few months ago. We both run 2k so I haven't been able to use them for ~2 months. When I heard (from here) that these things weren't being supported I was furious. I *****ed at tech support for a while and they forwarded my request to corporate HQ. They called back in about a week. They are replacing my VCs with 2 Pros.

I suggest anyone with a VC does the same. They clearly stated that any "current" camera will be supported. The VC is currently on their products page and it is also referenced in many of their PDFs on the site.

Originally posted by Primetime2000:

Quote:
Hi!

Has anybody get the Logitech Quickcam VC USB worked with W2K??

Chris

I'am using the Quickcam VC on W2k Adv Serv. I suppose that I will works onto all the w2k platforms.

The driver I'm using, at first was released for a WinXP.

I have to say, the first time I installed the driver, it says "error, webcam not connected to LPT1", but when I rebooted the computer, it says "new hardware found" "Logitech blabla USB" and then I started the MSN Messenger and I had a videoconference with no problem. The link you have to try is.......

http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/63/63937.htm

(You will need to register)